[Digikam-users] Running multiple instances of DigiKam?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Aug 1 10:57:34 BST 2014

Am 01.08.2014 11:46, schrieb Peter Albrecht:
> Hi list,
>
> I just accidently started a second instance of digiKam,
> while the first one was still running.
>
> Could this lead to problems? Since two programms use the
> same database file at the same time?
>
> If so, I think digiKam should show a short warning:
> "Warning! Another instance of DigiKam is already running."
>
> (I still use digiKam 3.5.0. No time for update yet).
>
> Should I file a bug about this at bko? Couldn't find one there.
>
> Regards,
> 	Peter

What happens is that digikam gets incredibly slow. But it works. There
are situations that I like to have two instances, one on each screen,
for easy comparing for example. But a lot of changes (moving files etc.)
make it really VERY slow...

Sometimes digikam doesn't shut down when I close the window, and when I
reopen it clicking the desktop icon, I realize how slow it is, check the
processes and see that there are more digikam processes, which I then
kill...

I do not often log out or reboot, but sometimes it happens that after
reboot two or even three digikams open, although I have closed all
windows before shutting down...

I think this is a known bug (?).

regards

Daniel