[Digikam-users] Question on thumbnails and crash in digikam 3.5.0

Paolo Zanier pzanier73 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:07:43 BST 2014

Hello all,
         this is the first time I use this mailing list.
I'm using digikam 3.5.0 on ubuntu trusty on two different laptops and have
the following two issues:

   - I cannot get a consistent view of video thumbnails across the two
   laptops; more specifically, the thumbnail for mp2t files (.mts from canon
   video camcorder) on one laptop look fine in terms of proportions (16:9)
   while in the other have wrong proportions (4:3).
   - Generation of thumbnails as well as play of video files (independent
   of the format) cause digikam to crash

I tried to report the crash and install the debugging application but that
fails as well.

Did anybody experience the same problems?
Could anybody suggest me how to proceed?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
PAOLO ZANIER