[Digikam-users] Copying ratings/tags/etc from JPEG to parallel RAW file

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sat Apr 26 08:11:49 BST 2014

Le Sat, 26 Apr 2014 01:40:43 +0200, Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com>
a écrit:

> I've tried doing this by going via XMP sidecars. eg
>
>  1. Tools -> Maintainence -> Sync database to metadata
>  2. Use script to copy xmp:Rating from JPEG XMP file to the NEF XMP file
>  3. Tools -> Maintainence -> Sync metadata to database
>
> This seems to work, but digikam sure is slow at writing the XMP and also
> at loading them back in later. It'll take it a real long time to do this
> for all the images in my collection.
>
> Are there any other more effective ways to sync the metadata from JPEGs
> to the correspondingly named NEFs across the entire collection ? I have
> thought about perhaps writing a script to munge the mysql database
> directly, but that has high risk of calamity :-)
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Hi,

What do you mean by "Slow to write XMP" ? For using NEF only and at the
beginning, when XMP didn't exist yet, I'm used to write metadata in the
RAW file, and I can say it takes still more time than writing XMP.

What you have to keep in mind, is it take a long time the first time you
do this, but after that, when RAW files get their XMP sync with Digikam
Database, it should be almost like before when you use JPEG for metadata.

Regards,
Nicolas
--
Utilisant le logiciel de courrier d'Opera : http://www.opera.com/mail/