[Digikam-users] thumbnail generation

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Sep 29 09:04:54 BST 2013

Some even more strange thing: If I run the update for a single album
there is no problem. But as soon as I started the maintainance
regeneration, stop it a few pictures later, the album regeneration of
thumbnails has the same problems as the maintainance one.

Still searching for the reason for this.
Martin

Am 28.09.2013 16:49, schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Sound like a packaging problem. Memory leak is not reproducible here.
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> 2013/9/28 Martin (KDE) <kde at fahrendorf.de>:
>> Hm
>>
>> I tried it with another user on a different computer (same software) and
>> had no problem to generate the thumbnails. IS there something in the
>> setup that changes thumbnail behaviour?
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
>> Am 27.09.2013 20:35, schrieb Martin (KDE):
>>> Hallo
>>>
>>> thumbnail regeneration in menu extra->maintainance is a little buggy
>>> here (recent digikam 3.4 on fedora 19, 64bit). It allocates new memory
>>> for every photo but never gives the memory back. If all memory (8G) and
>>> swap (10G) are used, the OOM-process of the kernel kills digikam. Anyone
>>> seeing this issue as well?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Martin