[Digikam-users] certain Gimp xcf files cause showFoto to crash

Boudewijn Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 03:30:59 BST 2013

On Saturday 21 September 2013 10:13:44 Elle Stone wrote:
> It seems reasonable that digiKam might provide the option to ignore
> file extensions that the user doesn't actually want digiKam to track.
> So I was wondering if there is such a feature hidden away somewhere. I
> looked at the config files but didn't see a list of file extensions.

I use my jpg's as sidecars to my nefs, and as such, don't need (and don't
want) to see .nef or .NEF in Digikam.

Dmitri helped me out on that one: it turns out that a minus in front of the
extension disables files with that extension. So, under settings/mime-types I
got: -nef;-dng

I recall DK needs to be restarted for the filter to take effect.

Best regards,

Boudewijn