[Digikam-users] date problem

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Sun Sep 22 02:37:25 BST 2013

I'd probably write a small shell script which backs up the exif data (through exiftools, exiv or what not), invoke Gimp and restore the exif data thereafter. That should also take care of the correct creation date. Then invoke this script from within Digikam as an "edit with the gimp".

I'm surprised though that Gimp manages the metadata so badly. Shouldn't this rather be fixed in the Gimp?

--
Composed on my smartphone. Apologies for typos.