[Digikam-users] Some images not showing up in album

kate kate444winslet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:34:41 BST 2013

I also experience problems while using face detection/recognition. I
am not really sure, but I have a clue that the sqlite-database used by
libkface (it is located in
.kde4/share/apps/libkface/database/recognition.db) might be
responsible for this. libkface stores its training data there. When
digikam crashes while tagging faces the data seems to be rebuilt
within the same database when digikam is run the next time - the
database doubles its file size. So, from time to time I delete it and
I rebuild the training data again by choosing the corresponding option
within digikam.

Currently, I am facing another strange behaviour - whenever I choose
the face detection/recognition pane digikam becomes incredibly slow.
htop then tells me that there is one digikam thread consuming 100% cpu
on one core. But up to now, I did not have time to have a closer look
here.

-----
WINSLET