[Digikam-users] Color correction

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Wed Sep 11 19:23:56 BST 2013

On 11.09.2013 15:00, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2013/9/11 Wolfgang Mader <Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de>:
>> On Wednesday 11 September 2013 12:01:50 you wrote:
>> I am on Arch Linux and had to install the package kolor-manager separately.
>> Then you get a new icon on the top level of system settings called "Color
>> Management" and a new box to tick in the "Desktop Effects" -> Advanced ->
>> Box(Enable Color Correction (Experimental)).
>
> Sound like an extra package from your distro not a standard one
> distributed by KDE. Here (Mageia3), it do not exist...

Gentoo Linux provides ebuilds for:
  - kde-misc/colord-kde
  - x11-libs/colord-gtk
and
  - kde-misc/kolor-manager

But kolor-manager does not use KDE version numbers like,
4.11.0, but 0.99 an 1.01. So it looks like it is not very
integrated yet.

When I bought my ColorHug on February 2013, I followed
http://scribblesandsnaps.com/tag/colorhug/ (Thanks Dmitri!)
and installed:
  - media-gfx/argyllcms
  - media-gfx/dispcalgui
  - media-gfx/colorhug-client,
    which depends on x11-libs/colord-gtk
    (although Desktop is KDE)

This works very well for me as a color management layman. ;)

Regards,
	Peter