[Digikam-users] Re : Re: Color correction

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:16:50 BST 2013

2013/9/11  <photonoxx at free.fr>:
> And what about those use system color management installed profile, with dispcal at launch or, for Gnome or Ubuntu Unity, with the color system setting.
>
> Does it needed to set the screen profile in Digikam too ?

I'm not sure about dispcal, but for dispcalgui, I think it also
advertise its installed color profile, that digiKam should be able to
recognize (I actually do not how color correction is done within
digiKam, only that the way the system is set is most likely the same
for colord and dispcalgui). Note that I'm vague here, because I may be
wrong.

Gnome uses colord, such that there is no difference compared to KDE's
color profile management.

Avoid using both Gnome (I don't know about Unity) color profile and
dispcalgui one, it will mess up your system. The way dispcalgui
handles the profile is not clean (shell scripts, if I remember
correctly), and I think it should be avoided in favor of a colord
solution that is much more easy to use and which advertises the right
profile depending on the device (contrary to dispcalgui scripts that
do not detect the monitor connected AFAIK).

--
Benjamin.