[Digikam-users] Questions on RAW conversion: Base curve

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 10:56:42 BST 2013

Jean Daniel is right about RAW+JPEG.

But there are a more faster way. RAW included an embeded version of
JPEG image used for preview mode by camera. This preview image has
generally  alower resolution than a real JPEG file taken in RAW+JPEG.
But this can be enough in certain case.

In BQM, since 3.3.0 (if i remember), i implemented a way to extract
embeded JPEG with RAW workflow. Check BQM queue settings for details.
In this case, there is no demosaicing and processing is very fast.

Gilles Caulier