[Digikam-users] Digikam on windows not reading and displaying tags consistently, ,

Andrew Goodbody elfringham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 07:39:29 BST 2013

On 04/09/13 03:26, Johan van Noooten wrote:
> Hello, I'm running digiKam 3.2.0 on two Windows 7 computers. On one of
> them, a laptop, it works fine. On the other, my desktop with the 27 inch
> monitor I want to view photos on, I have a problem. It is inconsistent
> about displaying the tags I have given the pictures if they were added
> before I installed digiKam on the computer. For some pictures, it reads
> them. Others, it doesn't. There seems to be no pattern I can detect
> which would explain the difference. The pictures in some folders have no
> tags displayed unless I added them afterwards using digiKam. Other
> folders have some of the older tags displayed, but not all or even most
> of them. If a photo has any of the older tags displayed, it has them
> all.  I know the missing tags are there because I can see the tags using
> windows explorer and right clicking for "properties" etc. Any
> suggestions as to how to fix this? Thanks in advance

Make sure 'Write metadata to images' is turned on on both computerss.
Then use re-read metadata from image on the desktop. You should probably
be using mysql as the database and access the photos through a path that
looks identical on both computers. There is a hack you can do on the
database to add more root paths if the access paths are not the same,
but I don't have the details handy.

Andrew