[Digikam-users] Greetings

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Mon Sep 2 22:15:26 BST 2013

Þann mán  2.sep 2013 18:59, skrifaði cgw993 at aol.com:
> Ok I am guessing somehow these responders have not seem my numerous answers
> to that question - Check firewall for internet enabled files and netstat
> with the correct parameter used

Not sure I should sign in to this somewhat surreal discussion:

Did check my system; no sign of *internet* activity due to
launching of Digikam. Only by activating the OpenStreetMap
functionality in the Geolocation panel my eth0 network
interface got any throughput. Both OSM and Google were
disabled by default in my installation of Digikam. Marble
has a low detail word-map, I'd bet that it's already there
in the installation package.

So, it's a "can't reproduce" situation. At least unless you
provide more detailed information on how to reproduce.

It has already be suggested that your downloaded
Digikam-package might have been tainted, other possibilities
include viruses and other malware.

Couple of issues though;
Your e-mail client seems broken, it's really very difficult
to distinguish your comments.
And you don't seem to have read RFC 1855 - Netiquette
Guidelines (a classic read from October 1995), found at
various places such as:
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt>

Call me a Digikam salesman (would be proud of it), but don't
pretend you haven't been treated politely on this mailinglist.

Best regards
Sveinn í Felli