[Digikam-users] Greetings

Jean-François Rabasse jf at e-artefact.eu
Mon Sep 2 12:47:56 BST 2013

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, Remco Viëtor wrote:

> AFAIK, the originating IP is always part of email headers, so that's not
> typical for AOL (I won't cite yours here, except it ends in xx.xx.xx.66
> (and server ian.xx.xx.fr :) )

You're right, but it's the address of the SMTP client emitting the message
to a mail server. And true, I currently use such a client machine.
But if you send mail from a web portal, using a HTTP based interface,
the originating IP (in mail headers) would be the one of the portal and
the mail software may, or not, include it's customer private web IP.

Anyway, I personaly didn't intend to hide myself :)

Jean-François

Hmmm, sounds we are slightly shifting a bit off topic :)