[Digikam-users] Greetings

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Mon Sep 2 10:29:20 BST 2013

That is the stand by defense of software companies today, "prove we are
abusing the users".  The review is intended, not for the users that have an
interest in this software, and there are usually plenty of them camping out
on these mailing lists, but rather to the user that may simply not know that
that type of thing happens all the time.   When a company profits by spying
on and abusing the users, that is essentially theft, actually it is worse
because it is the kind of damage that keeps on damaging and the user has no
control or recourse.

If the internet connections are not disclosed to the  user in a clear way -
then the software package is likely doing things that  you would likely have
said no to.   The "salesmen" types camping here will try hard to convince
users that that isn't the case will not explain why the connections are
there without user consent.