[Digikam-users] Segmentation Fault at startup

Ralph DeWitt ralphdewitt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 13:02:11 BST 2013

Hi all:
I have just reformatted my hard drive, repartitioned the drive
(increased / to 30 gb) and installed NetrunnerOS version 13.06. I then
updated the system. Then updated KDE to version 4.11. Home directory
data files were then restored. I did not restore .kde files. Upon first
start and every start I get a segmentation fault. My newly created
config file looks complete. My apps digikam folder is empty. The current
installed version of Digikam 3.3.0. I am thinking the update process of
the data base did not happen correctly.  It would be very painful and
almost impossible to redo the tags in the database. I have no database
knowledge. Can someone with knowledge look at the database and correct
the problem? I just do not know what went wrong. Any help would be
appreciated.
--
Ralph