[Digikam-users] Time Date based rename

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Mon Oct 28 16:05:54 GMT 2013

Firstly many thanks Jean-François for the very comprehensive reply, I
now have a better understanding of the issue, just need to decide how to
manage it:)

My main camera is a Canon EOS 550D, which does not have a setting for
time zone or daylight saving.

Now we are back on good old GMT I have tested again, and now the date is
consistent in all fields and the file is renamed to the expected time
and date.  So this means  that somehow DigiKam (or possibly my computer)
decides that during BST the time on exif is GMT an renames the picture
to an hour later to make it BST.  So if I always leave my camera set to
GMT the pictures will show as the expected time when I import them into
DigiKam.

Regards
Mick