[Digikam-users] Interoperability with Darktable

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Oct 28 06:40:15 GMT 2013

Am 27.10.2013 19:29, schrieb Wolfgang Mader:
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that Digikam and Darktable have a slightly different way in
> writing out the xmp files. Is there anything I need to be aware of when using
> Digikam and Darktable together in my workflow? I am using star rating, tags,
> comments, geo location.

Darktable by default will not reread xmp sidecar files. So if you change
something in digikam (ratings, tags) darktable will not show it. I am
not sure if darktable will overwrite all changes. I asked on the
darktable developer list if this will change in near future and I was
told that this (using darktable with digikam or simmilar) is not a
workflow any of the developer is using an with this has a very low priority.

What is the way digikam handles changes in sidecar files from outside?

Regards
Martin