[Digikam-users] Interoperability with Darktable

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 27 20:01:55 GMT 2013

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 07:29:53 PM Wolfgang Mader wrote:

> I have noticed that Digikam and Darktable have a slightly different way in
> writing out the xmp files. Is there anything I need to be aware of when
> using Digikam and Darktable together in my workflow? I am using star
> rating, tags, comments, geo location.

I've been using darktable together with digikam for some time now and as far
as I can see there are no compatability issues.

The only problem which I have is in openning a second image from digikam in
darktable. This will not work well. So for now it's:  open image, do your
thing, export and close darktable before you open the next image.

Gerhard