[Digikam-users] custom filter for files

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 24 10:55:27 BST 2013

On Thursday 24 October 2013 11:36:52 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
> 2013/10/24 Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr>
>

> > From what I read in Yuri's messages; he wants to add images to a file
> > archive.
> >

> We may also ask why putting the files into in an archive? To send them
over
> the web? There might be other simpler solutions.
> Does he need to do this once? Or frequently? For backup? Or for sending
> someone else?
>
> What it the real purpose at the root of the initial question?

Of course, answers to those questions might give him more useful answers.

But for now, all I can do is answer the question he poses, and I don't want
to assume why he wants to create such archives (and my crystal ball is not
working properly at the moment ;) )

Remco

(One  use case could be adding images to an archive with file of other
types to have a complete package with everything in one place, think e-
books and such)