[Digikam-users] finding pictures with tags

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Mon Oct 21 18:36:33 BST 2013

What is the best way to find pictures which match a certain set of
criteries?

I have several albums named 'date wedding', 'date trip', 'date party',
etc.  Each has several pictures from these "events". On some pics are
people.  I went ahead and added tags (person1, person2, person3) to each
picture to simplifying the search for pictures with both
person1+person3.

But somehow digikam 1.8 and 3.4 is unable to search that way. In the
search for tags I get a list of tags. So if I want to search for
pictures which have both tag 'person1' and 'person3', it shows all pics
which have either tag person1 or person3.

How can I mark the pictures in such a way that digikam shows only the
desired photos?

Olaf