[Digikam-users] DK 3.3.0 deleted photos don't disappear from album view anymore

Mika Aleksandroff mika.aleksandroff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 18:20:44 BST 2013

Joop,

I'm running DK 3.3.0 (Mint Linux) and some time ago I noticed that when I
browse photos in an album (any album on Movable media, an external hard
drive) and delete photos, those photos do get deleted from disk (or moved
to trash) but they don't disappear from the album. Preview shows them and
if I try to edit them editor opens but says unable to load image,
naturally. Also I can delete them again, DK just pops up an error message
when it tries to move the photo to thrash.

Refreshing (F5) doesn't help. Rebuilding thumbnails doesn't help. After
restarting application deleted photos are gone from album, too. I have
tried different maintenance operations as well.

digikam4.db is 60M and thumbnails-digikam.db is 458M.

What could be the problem??

Thanks,

.mika