[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.5.0: missing photos

Philip Jones pjduns at netscape.net
Tue Nov 26 23:51:15 GMT 2013

Hello,

Having recently suffered from missing photos myself (see conversation below, Aleck and Marie-Noelle) I have found that the following changes have worked for me.  I use digikam 2.8 in Linux Mint 14 KDE edition.

In Settings|Configure Digikam I went to Album View and checked "show a count of items in Tree View" in the Folder View section.

This immediately showed me that the missing photos were in fact recognised by Digikam in some way but weren't being displayed.  So I trawled through the rest of the settings and more in hope than comprehension I found the section Editing Images.  In this I checked in the Main View section "Always show original image" and "Always show intermediate snapshot".

I'm not sure if both are needed (or why, really, because the results show up in the Album View rather than the Editor but , hey presto, my missing photos came back to me.

I'm not sure I'm following the correct procedure sending this message this way - and of course Aleck may have found his own solution by now - but I thought anyone with this problem may find this to work for them too.

Good luck.

Philip Jones

28.08.2013 06:05, Marie-Noëlle Augendre ?????: