[Digikam-users] Exposure correction shift(linear) strange behavior

Pedro Celestino reis at fc.ul.pt
Tue Nov 26 11:04:19 GMT 2013

Hi Gilles,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer!

I can now provide some additional info. I was reading libraw manual and I
found this entry:

*int exp_correc; float exp_shift,exp_preser;*
Exposure correction before demosaic.

     *  exp_correc: positive value turns the feature on (default: off).
     *  exp_shift: exposure shift in linear scale. Usable range from 0.25
(2-stop darken) to 8.0 (3-stop lighter). Default: 1.0 (no exposure shift).
     *  exp_preser: preserve highlights when lighten the image. Usable range
from 0.0 (no preservation) to 1.0 (full preservation). 0.0 is the default
value.

I supose that it corresponds to the parameters in the Exposure Correction
section of digikam "raw import tool configuration", as the image at
http://userbase.kde.org/images.userbase/1/11/WhiteBalance.jpg suggests.

If I understood it correctly, it says that the neutral value (no exposure
shift) should be 1.0, not something like -1.5 as it is being now. Moreover,
it says that the values should allways be positive (min 0.25 and max 8.0)

I think that the behavior changed after upgrading libkdcraw22 from version
4:4.10.5 to 4:4.11.3-1. May it be relevant, I can try to downgrade to
confirm this.

Thank you for the great work

Pedro