[Digikam-users] Hardware Advice Please

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sun Nov 3 19:04:39 GMT 2013

I am about to build a new desktop PC.  I think the most demanding task
will be DigiKam and I would welcome advice on components.
I have decided to go with Intel i7 processor, not decided which model
yet.  The thing I am struggling with is the graphics card, they range
from very cheap to ridiculously expensive and I really have no idea  how
the quality of the graphics card will affect the performance when
running DigiKam.  It will be running Debian.

Any thoughts, experiences or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks
Mick