[Digikam-users] Tag issues

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Thu May 23 22:27:21 BST 2013

Hi,

After a switch to opensuse I lost all my digikam settings under which the tag
database. Luckily I use to write the metadata to the files and as such it
should be just a matter of rereading the metadata.. or so I thought..

As far as I can see I have two options.. Reread an album or use the
maintanance option under tools which takes forever and I gather that means it
does all the images it knows of. I just let it run for a night..

Anyhow, neither of these options reads back the tags correctly. Take an image.
The info tab shows for IPTC

--->8---
File name: DSC00280.800x533.JPG (IPTC Records)