[Digikam-users] Manually import versions

hajo hajo at hajo.net
Thu May 9 15:26:35 BST 2013

Marcel Wiesweg wrote
> What I want to have at some point it
> 1) Manual creation of these relations (e.g., for single files edited in
> Gimp
> 2) An automated tool to group RAW+JPEG or, more general, create relations
> by
> heuristics typically based on filename

Tnx for your replies, guys! Understand the issues. I meanwhile figured that
I can at least group variants automatically "by time" and that brought me to
another thought -- since nowadays about all editors preserve EXIF/IPTC/..
data, could it make sense that DigiKam sets a custom EXIF field when the
user chooses "edit with...". If then a new file appears in the directory, it
could be identified as a new version since it'd contain the same (unique)
EXIF field. I'm mainly thinking about RAW conversion (darktable) for my
case.
But yes, an intelligent algorithm based on filenames plus a manual
intervention are certainly desireable,..