[Digikam-users] Manually import versions

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun May 5 15:43:01 BST 2013

> That question never got an answer, apparently. Anyone out there who knows
> how to do this? For me, I'd like to process RAWs with an external RAW editor
> since it provides more flexibility than DigiKam's. Naturally, I'd like to
> have the processed file a revision of the RAW. Yes, I could group them
> instead, but wouldn't it make more sense to have it a revision instead?

As Gilles already pointed out, it's not trivial as history is stored as XML in
the metadata.
What I want to have at some point it
1) Manual creation of these relations (e.g., for single files edited in Gimp
2) An automated tool to group RAW+JPEG or, more general, create relations by
heuristics typically based on filename

Marcel