[Digikam-users] editing with Color Management enabled is very slow?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 18:39:37 GMT 2013

> Is digiKam 3.1 still using lcms v1? or has it switched entirely to lcms2?

There is a configuration switch to use lcms2, I have not yet tested this.
Default is lcms1.

> But digiKam doesn't allow choosing a monitor profile if a system
> monitor profile is installed, unless somehow the kde stuff sets the
> system monitor profile in a way that digiKam doesn't understand. I
> also don't think digiKam is capable of loading the monitor profile

it cannot access the LUT

> vcgt tag values (if any) into the video card LUT, but if it *were*
> capable of doing so, wouldn't it just be reloading the same values
> that had already been loaded?

I really did not look into the new KDE CM stuff.
In my dreams, I assign a profile to a region on screen, and the window manager
knows the monitor profile, and handles the color conversion.
The assumed default profile for "all" windows would be sRGB if I'm not too
wrong.

If digikam converts from the working color space to the monitor profile, and
KDE thinks it is sRGB and converts again to the monitor profile, that would be
double correction, isnt it?

If the KDE stuff works, I would hope digikam does not need to care at all
about the workspace -> monitor conversion.

Marcel