[Digikam-users] editing with Color Management enabled is very slow?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Fri Mar 22 21:25:38 GMT 2013

Digikam's color management was written when there was no KDE-wide support, no
support in KWin or the graphics stack. It reads the monitor profile from the
old-style XAtom, but then the internal configuration option will be greyed
out.

I suspect double correction if you set the profile in both places.

digikam uses lcms and computes color correction on the CPU. I have a weaker
machine and experience only very short delays if I set a monitor profile other
the sRGB. It probably scales linearly with image size. I do not know if your
own monitor profile is very cost intensive to use, you could try another for
testing.

Just to be sure, you turn and off CM in digikam and experience the
differences, while system CM is constantly turned on?

Marcel