[Digikam-users] Sort Album Tree by Album date (force/hack)?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 20:39:12 GMT 2013

But I don't see any point in renaming the pictures: there never be a
duplicate as I don't shoot 10000 photos per album; and the shooting date is
already in the EXIF, where it can be accessed anytime, and used for
sorting/selecting whatever.
Across 10 years and 5 or 6 different cameras, I only get the same file name
3 or 4 times, at most; and this is for pictures that have been shooted at
completely different times and are not stored in the same albums.

Marie-Noëlle

2013/3/16 Peter Mc Donough <mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net>

> Am 16.03.2013 18:34, schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
>
>> I just prefix my album names with year/month/seq.number and it does the
>> trick without being too cumbersome.
>> Marie-Noëlle
>>

> Very true!
>
> "YYYYMMDD_name" is in my opinion the easiest way for keeping albums in
> their original sequence. Whether "DD" is necessary depends of course on the
> number of pictures you shoot per day.
>
> My next step is batch-renaming the photos according to their creation date
> and time. If you the camera is kept "up to time" this information will be
> stored correctly in the EXIF part of each photo.
>
> Example with two photos per second (24 hour clock).
>
> YYYYMMdd_hhmmss00.jpg
> 20130316_20511600.jpg
> 20130316_20511601.jpg
>
> The "00" is useful if your camera can shoot more than one picture per
> second, and if it can, believe me, you will, occasionally.
>
> check "bracketing"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Bracketing<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracketing>
>
> With Linux and KDE you could use KRename for that renaming job. There
> should be tools for other operating systems, too.
>
> cu
> Peter

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Connaissez-vous Image Fixe <http://image-fixe.org>, le photo-club de Saint
Jean du Gard ?
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,