[Digikam-users] Existing Images don't appears in Digikam

dantou 9 dantou at neuf.fr
Fri Mar 1 23:48:45 GMT 2013

Hi
I'm on Digikam for more of 3 years and doesn't have this mistake.
I'm on DGK 2.6.0 version, and on Mageia OS
Some images (why them ?) don't appears. In a same directory, I've images
I can see, and another ones I can't.
They are recognized by Dgk, because when "reconstruction of thunbnails"
is clicking, Dgk works and I can see their thumbnails on the little
working window on back-right. And I can see them if I want to save
another file in their directory. But the files don't appears at screen !
Only "jpeg" images are concerned in this instance (.jpg or .jpeg) , but,
than I don't know why this happen, I can't say for another format in
original format.
I've try to rename them, copy them on another name (but in the same
format), on another directory : nothing
But, if I change their format (by opening them with Dolphin in
Gwenview), I can see the new one for .Tiff and .PNG format, but not in
.PGM format !
And, afetr, if I save the .PNG in .JPG, I see it, even if I change it of
directory !
The rights are the same for all, the owner so.
I've ~ 40 000 images, and I can't verify their existence in DGK for all
of them. The problem appears to me because I search one , dont find it,
and by verifying with Dolphin.
How can I trust in Dgk if I don't know ?
What can I do ?
Thanks, Dan