[Digikam-users] Problems with Digikam 3.2 (Kubuntu backport or general?)

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Thu Jun 27 18:56:36 BST 2013

On 27.06.2013 09:02, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2013/6/27 Kai Benndorf <kai.benndorf at web.de>:
>> 4) Single 90° right turning in GUI turns it often 180°
> Never seen this problem here.

I have a similar problem, too: If I newly import images from
my camera to digikam, they are not automatically rotated
(see bug #314441). Portraits seem to need just a 90°
clockwise rotation. So I click the icon "rotate right". But
instead of a simple 90° turn, they turn around 180°.
Every succeeding rotation does a correct 90° turn. So I just
hit the rotate left afterwards, and everything is fine. ;)

I have no problems (except for bug #317943), if I use "Image
-> Auto Rotate/Flip using EXIF information". So this
is no big deal.

In digikam Settings -> Metadata -> Rotation, I have:

  (o) Rotate by changing the content if possible
  [x] Write flag to metadata if possible
  [ ] Show images/thumbnails rotated according to
orientation tag
  [x] Set orientation tag to normal after rotation/flip

I never tried to understand this combined logic. But since
this has been mentioned on the mailing list, I want to add
my two cents. ;)

Regards,
	Peter