[Digikam-users] New Tool: Tags Manager

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Thu Jun 27 18:42:37 BST 2013

On 26.06.2013 21:59, jdd wrote:
> it could be very usefull if the tag management could
> consolidate all these tags.

This brings up another idea for the the Tag Manager:

  Merging existing tags

Either in a one-way version, or more powerful: Define
merging rules and apply them every now and than.

This would help for the case "a friends sends me pictures
with tags of a different hierarchy".

I can't think of a better example at the moment, but: My
friend tags some images tagged with "People/My Wife". I set
up a merging rule, which says:

  Take all pictures of the current selection
  with tag "People/My Wife", remove this tag,
  and set tag "People/Friends/Dora".

This way one could ease the way of migrating tags from tag
hierarchie A to tag hierarchie B. (As long as there are
counterparts in both tag hierarchies.)

Argh! I just noticed, there is this "pictures of the current
selection" again. :(
Applying this globally won't be that good as I might have
used the tag "People/My Wife" for my tag hierarchie as well.

But I'll send this idea anyway. Maybe some has time and
motivation to implement it. ;)

Regards,
	Peter