[Digikam-users] New Tool: Tags Manager

Christoph Siedentop christoph at siedentop.name
Thu Jun 27 16:12:41 BST 2013

One thing I would like to see: eventual consistency for xmp sidecar files.
I often have to turn this off in the following scenario. I imported new
images from a trip to Venice, Rome and Paris (no, I don't travel like
this...) Then I select about three hundred images which all belong to
Venice to tag it as such. If I have xmp sidecar files enabled, or write
metadata to images, this writing to disk will happen immediately even
though I am far from done. What would be much better, if this could be done
if I digikam is idling. As it stands I just turn writing to files off.

Regards, Christoph

On Thursday, June 27, 2013, jdd wrote:

> Le 27/06/2013 08:22, jdd a écrit :
>
>  at least at the file name level, the two software share the same images
>>

> of course, I could dl the images, but with a large number it's not really
> practical, specially is the direction home to the net, the adsl bandwith is
> too low
>
> thanks
> jdd
>

> --