[Digikam-users] Problems with Digikam 3.2 (Kubuntu backport or general?)

Kai Benndorf kai.benndorf at web.de
Thu Jun 27 07:53:21 BST 2013

Hi all,

I am using Digikam on a Kubuntu 12.04 installation with enabled Kubuntu
backport ppa's. So I have a recent Digikam 3.2 available, but I have a
lot of problems with it:

1) Renaming during import does not work

2) Turning correspondent to EXIF information during import does not work

3) Turning of multiple images in batch mode destroys some of them

4) Single 90° right turning in GUI turns it often 180°

5) Editing an image and renaming it leaded somehow to an image not more
displayed in Digikam, but in all other tools. Renaming or copying of the
image does not help, I needed to replace it from the camera.

Is Digikam currently so unstable, or is this related to the version from
the Kubuntu backport ppa?

Best regards

Kai