[Digikam-users] New Tool: Tags Manager

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Wed Jun 26 02:13:57 BST 2013

On 26/06/13 06:33, Elle Stone wrote:
> Assuming I understand what you are saying, although having the option
> of expanding all subtags with one click would be a nice touch, some of
> my tag trees are deep enough that having everything expand by default
> (no option to disable) would then require scrolling down to get to the
> desired tag.

I use digikam for tagging and my tag list is also quite big and deep.

There are times when I am working on particular photos and wish to tag
people and other times where I wish to tag plant or animal attributes.

Being able to 'filter tags' so you only see those you are working on
would be very useful. Also being able to order tags so you can set up a
logical hierarchy would also be good. This would definitely improve my
workflow.

How I see the filtering is having various parent nodes tagged -- yes, a
tag on a tag :) -- with a particular category. These categories could
then be applied by checking a tick box on the side. So if I am working
on tagging plant/flora photos, I check the "plant/flora" category and
only those tags relevant to plants are visible.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides