[Digikam-users] New Tool: Tags Manager

Jean-François Rabasse jf at e-artefact.eu
Tue Jun 25 23:57:16 BST 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Elle Stone wrote:

> The only time I get very frustrated with the interface is when I want
> to do a search that involves "this tag and not that tag". The search
> (right panel) and filter (left panel) interfaces are both a bit
> frustrating (I've never really figured out how to use the search
> interface), and slooowww when trying to invert using the filter (which
> never works anyway, so I've given up).

Hello,

I happen to do the same kind of search and for this I use the color labels
as temporary markers. (I don't use them otherwise, so...)

1. Left panel, tags folder, select "that tag" (the unwanted one).

2. Ctrl-A to select all images then, right panel, tags edition, apply a
color label, say red.

3. Back to left panel, select "this tag".

4. Right panel, filter folder, select Color label : none,
all "that tag" (colored red) disappear and the final is
"this tag but not that tag".

Of course, this makes sense only if you don't use color labels in a
permanent way in your images collections. Probably, for most users,
pick labels or color labels are not definitive metadata and can be
used as useful temporary tools.

Regards,

Jean-François