[Digikam-users] Image text

Erik Felthauser efelthauser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 00:57:22 BST 2013

PNG absolutely supports metadata. It is not defined/standardized as much as
jpg, but is supported, and digikam writes to it all the same info, and I
find most programs I have tried also read it fine. GIMP unfortunately does
not yet retain png metadata after editing, so must copy using exiv2 or
exiftool, but there are plans to fix that eventually, I believe.