[Digikam-users] Backup options?? probably off topic

Christoph Siedentop christoph at siedentop.name
Wed Jul 17 09:01:06 BST 2013

 Hi Fabio,

Yes this is the wrong place to discuss this. Backup should be done by an
external program or the operating system.

However, if you want to backup digikam it would be best to write your
metadata to sidecar xmp files. If all your tags, for example, are in the
database, you can back that up but it is easier if the data is right next
to each file.

I personally use rsync for incremental back ups. Other solutions exist,
just search for "backup <your OS>".

Regards,
Christoph

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013, Fabio wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am not sure this is the proper channel but I could not find any other
> digiKam forum
>
> Digikam strong area is organization and exporting to other places. Now, I
> am looking for backup options. The easiest way is just to copy all files
> from my local album to 2 external drives. Problem is Once I made the first
> copy, how can I keep updating only photos I have been changing. I am going
> back and editing old photos but no tin a very organized way.
>
> Does digiKam provide backup options like incremental backup (copy only
> what is new or changed)?
>

> Thanks!

Christoph Siedentop
0176-399-422-45