[Digikam-users] Cannot GPS correlate raw files

fagopher at cfl.rr.com fagopher at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 8 17:25:04 BST 2013

RAW are read only files. GPS info are normally stored in digiKam DB
for read only files. It's work properly with my ARW files.

->
Thanks for the response.

1. If this is expected you might want to consider changing the reported error. For an end user, the error message "Unable to save changes to File" means something is wrong.

2. Since I can add the GPS location using other programs directly into the RAW file (GpicSync for example), I was expecting digiKam to be able to do the same. If I add a gps location to a raw file, I expect to be able to process my file into other formats, or use a different editor, and still be able to see the GPS info. Maybe you want to consider allowing this feature.

I know it is easy to ask but not so easy to actually do it... just my feedback. Thanks for your efforts