[Digikam-users] Digikam does cannot find camera

Fabio fagopher at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 4 19:58:59 BST 2013

I think the issue here is that you camera is being mounted as a storage
device rather than a camera.

When connecting, don't select "Open in folder" view (I think that is
what it is called). Tell Windows to mount as a camera and point to
digikam, or don't do anything then try and mount via digikam.

resending it as my previous response got stuck due to the size. I
attached screenshots and I got a reply:

The reason it is being held:

     Message body is too big: 413695 bytes with a limit of 80 KB

So here is what I said:

When I connect the camera I choose no options (just close the pop up
window). When I check in file manager the camera shows up under "Devices
and Printer" and not under "Storage" or "Hard Drives"

I tried also with a Nikon D70 with same results. Only difference is the
autoplay window. In Nikon D70 it pops up the default autoplayer asking
how to open it. With nikon D5000 I get a Nikon window with same purpose
(asking what to do with it).

In both cases it does not allow me to open it using digiKam.. Only
options are Dropbox and Windows default.

Thanks