[Digikam-users] remote digikam acces to server

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Jan 27 18:08:34 GMT 2013

Am 27.01.2013 18:42, schrieb Dominique Bernardi:
> Good morning everybody,
> For some times I'm looking for an answer about my problem, without any, so
> I try this newsgroup. Hope someone could solve it.
>
> I move all my pics files to a server, and want to acess to it with 2
> client using sshfs, I configure it using http://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/
> Manage_Photos_from_Multiple_digiKam_Installations
> I complete this by installing on the server Mysql following instructions
> in http://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/Using_digiKam_with_MySQL.
> Til' here everything look ok except that :
> I connect with PC1 to server it does the job great, I close Pc1, unmount
> the sshfs point, start PC2, mount the sshfs point, start digikam wich ask
> me to look in /home/PC1/mountpoint_sshfs.
> The problem is reversible. if in PC2 I force it to import from the good
> directory. When i will close and start PC1, he will ask me to look in /
> home/PC2/mountpoint_sshfs.

Hallo

Ist sshfs required? If not, did you try smb and/or NFS for this? I use
NFS for central photo storage since about 6 years ago.

To your problem: The path to your collection is stored in the database
(afaik). Unless you use two different databases this is expected. Why do
you use mysql instead of the local sqlite db?

Regards
Martin