[Digikam-users] remote digikam acces to server

Dominique Bernardi photo_brd-digikam at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 27 17:42:13 GMT 2013

Good morning everybody,
For some times I'm looking for an answer about my problem, without any, so
I try this newsgroup. Hope someone could solve it.

I move all my pics files to a server, and want to acess to it with 2
client using sshfs, I configure it using http://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/
Manage_Photos_from_Multiple_digiKam_Installations
I complete this by installing on the server Mysql following instructions
in http://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/Using_digiKam_with_MySQL.
Til' here everything look ok except that :
I connect with PC1 to server it does the job great, I close Pc1, unmount
the sshfs point, start PC2, mount the sshfs point, start digikam wich ask
me to look in /home/PC1/mountpoint_sshfs.
The problem is reversible. if in PC2 I force it to import from the good
directory. When i will close and start PC1, he will ask me to look in /
home/PC2/mountpoint_sshfs.
I really don't know where is the 'bug'.
Anyone got an idea ?
regards