[Digikam-users] How to update photo collections?

Kim kim.mills at wightman.ca
Fri Jan 18 19:29:39 GMT 2013

Dropbox is an online back up site (dropbox.com), they have both free and
paid options.  You can either upload your files to it for a backup or
install their app that puts a folder called dropbox on your hard drive.
Any files you put in that are uploaded to your dropbox account.  Their
app keeps your hard drive folder and your account on their website in
sync.  If you change a file it uploads the newest copy to their server
when you have closed that file.
So the photos are physically on my hard drive at all times.

I have my dropbox folder set up as it's own collection in DK.

I was trying to figure out how to get a newer version of DK, I found
Philip's ppa https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/extra
Installed that and tried to update DK.  It ended up removing DK, then
would not let it reinstall stating dependency issues. Although it
installed and changed a ton of stuff on my pc.
I ended up having to purge that ppa and then reinstall DK from the
standard ppa.  For some reason instead of having the version 2.5 I had
now I'm down to version 2.4.1.  I don't get it, this just isn't my day!
LOL  I don't remember having installed DK from anywhere but the stock
repo before so I don't know why my version is now older.

Is there an "easy" way I can install the latest stable version of DK?
I've been using linux for almost a year now, but still consider myself a
newbie.

Oh and even with going down a version, it still looks like it stops
about 39% into scanning for new images.

Thanks,
Kim