[Digikam-users] How to Sync Albums Across Machines?

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 21 09:26:53 GMT 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Sjoerd wrote:

> On 21-02-2013 08:33, Jean-François Rabasse wrote:
>> The (dirty) fix to work around sync problems is to use small scripts to
>> make the transfert, e.g. using rsync, then update the database from
>> SQL command line tool and issue things like that :
>> UPDATE albumroots SET identifier = 'volumeid:?uuid= new UUID'
>>  WHERE identifier = 'volumeid:?uuid = old UUID';
>>

> Isn't it more easy just to accept the new roots when digikam mentions the
> change of uuids after syncing?
> So far it didn't gave me problems

Of course it is more easy, if it works well.
Perhaps it depends on software versions, I don't known, but I had problems
with that, so...
(Anyway, I still have problems with USB drives. I have about 15% of my
images on local hard drive, and 85% on USB drives, not always the same
ones. So, I still do a bit of setup before starting DK, checking which
drives are plugged and setting the proper UUIDs.)

But you're right Sjoerd, if accepting works (no rescan of collections,
etc.) it's the right way.

Jean-François