[Digikam-users] People Tags - a practical question

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Feb 19 22:27:19 GMT 2013

On 20/02/13 09:11, Mick Sulley wrote:
> I am just starting to add people tags and immediately it raises a
> practical question.  Many of the females have married and so changed
> their names.  How do you guys deal with this?  My current thought is to
> tag as Mary Smith(Jones), so Mary Jones is tagged as such until she gets
> married, then I edit the tag to be Mary Smith(Jones) so she would then
> have that tag on all pictures, past and future.
>
> I guess this becomes a bit cumbersome when someone is married multiple
> times, but luckily I don't have that problem, at least not at the moment:)
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Mick

Personally I tag people by their maiden names so regardless of how many
marriages they have you have a unique tag for that person.

Once they get married however, create a new separate tag for their
married name. So a woman that is married several times would have a
maiden name tag that is consistent over her life and a married name tag
for the period they are known by each subsequents husband's surname (if
that is the cultural norm).

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides