[Digikam-users] People Tags - a practical question

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Tue Feb 19 22:11:45 GMT 2013

I am just starting to add people tags and immediately it raises a
practical question.  Many of the females have married and so changed
their names.  How do you guys deal with this?  My current thought is to
tag as Mary Smith(Jones), so Mary Jones is tagged as such until she gets
married, then I edit the tag to be Mary Smith(Jones) so she would then
have that tag on all pictures, past and future.

I guess this becomes a bit cumbersome when someone is married multiple
times, but luckily I don't have that problem, at least not at the moment:)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Mick