[Digikam-users] What is being/will be done about the tags management problem?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:38:49 GMT 2013

2013/2/19 jdd <jdd at dodin.org>

> anyway at the end the metadata should be the same everywhere!!

+1

> we could also have two more options:
>
> * read meta data from image, write to database
> * read meta data from database, write to image
>
> jdd

This could be, at least, a kind of rebuild procedure in case anything goes
wrong.

As for now, in 2.9.0 version (Fedora 17 have no 3.0 yet, because of a KDE
dependency, I understood), Digikam still crashes regularly (or sometimes I
have to kill it) during the update file process; so this is still one more
reason for metadata to become de-synchronized, even if things were OK at
the beginning of a working session.

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Connaissez-vous Image Fixe <http://image-fixe.org>, le photo-club de Saint
Jean du Gard ?
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,