[Digikam-users] Hugin Lens Calibrator, LensFun, and digiKam

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:59:50 GMT 2013

Dmitri Popov píše v So 09. 02. 2013 v 08:58 -0800:
> Hello,

Hello Dmitri,

> I've been trying to create a lens profile for use with the LensFun
> library (so I could fix lens distortion in digiKam), but I hit the
> wall. I've written a blog article explaining the problem, and I could
> use some input:
>

> http://scribblesandsnaps.com/2013/02/09/monkeying-around-with-lens-calibration/

To check if your lensfun parameters are correct, you can use hugin or
even Image Magick:
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/lens/#ready_made

If that works ok, the trouble might be either with lensfun or digiKam
like others suggested.

And just a small note - if you are only after calibrating the lens
distortion, then taking a picture of a tailored image displayed on a
flat panel (LCD) is quite convenient (compared to looking for
geometrical lines in a real scene).

The image can be created using GIMP's "fill gradient" tool (foreground
to backround color with a hard step and "saw" repeating). Example is
attached.

If it does not work well with the Hugin Lens Calibrator, try to make the
stripes wider.

Milan

--
http://milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)