[Digikam-users] Hugin Lens Calibrator, LensFun, and digiKam

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:37:57 GMT 2013

Hi Dmitri,

2013/2/9 Dmitri Popov <dmpop9mm at yahoo.com>:
> I've been trying to create a lens profile for use with the LensFun library
> (so I could fix lens distortion in digiKam), but I hit the wall. I've
> written a blog article explaining the problem, and I could use some input:
>
> http://scribblesandsnaps.com/2013/02/09/monkeying-around-with-lens-calibration/

Someone on the Hugin mailing list published a tutorial on how to shoot
photos with the goal of calibrating a lens and a camera and use them
to get a LensFun profile. Here it is:

http://wilson.homeunix.com/lens_calibration_tutorial/

I haven't tried it so I cannot guarantee anything. Hopefully you can
get answers to your issue.

Best,

--
Benjamin.